Saturday, April 8, 2017

For Yaeko and Her Stalwart Guardian, Whose Manuscript I Completed Today


“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” 

~~*~~

I have lived with the world's utter indifference to my writing for fourteen years now.
After fourteen years, I am still writing.
After fourteen years, the world's indifference has shrunk behind me
like a polluted dystopian nightmare planet
in some low-budget sci-fi horror film.

I'm going to keep writing.
I'm going to keep yelling.
I'm going to keep protesting.
I'm going to keep thrusting both middle fingers
defiantly into the sky.

You aren't going to stop me.
You are already defeated.
You're just too fucking stupid to know it.

And now I press on.

~~*~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.