Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Did You Know That I Write Lots of Fan Fiction? I Do!



I'M ABOUT to finish the writing of a new chapter in my Lord of the Rings fan-fiction tribute. I'm excited about that. The chapter I'm working on is where the hero, Krapp, the lone surviving Orc in all of Middle Earth, is confronted by a massive challenge.

I didn't start writing fan fiction in earnest until a few years ago. Until then, I thought it a huge waste of time. But in truth, it is a great and productive use of my time, as it forces me into the heads of others--namely, the authors of these awesome stories, and their characters. It exercises my imagination and stretches it.

The next fan-fic project I'll work on after that is The Many Adventures of the Dread Pirate Roberts, which is a tribute to The Princess Bride, one of the greatest films ever made.


Inigo Montoya is the shizzle, yo.

Know who else is the shizzle? Malcolm Reynolds. Actually, the entire crew of Serenity is the shizzle. Sometime in the next half year or so I'll probably get a start on a new chapter in my Firefly fan-fiction project.



A few months ago I added a new chapter to Gilligan's Island: The Real Story. My tribute, however, is much grittier, features more action and fewer pratfalls, and is much more violent. It's basically Gilligan's Island given a solid Quentin Tarantino treatment.


I just started a short story featuring Zelena from Once Upon a Time, and will be adding many more fan-fics from that show, which both Kye and I loved but which absolutely could have done so much more with its characters and storylines.


When I post Zelena's story, I'll be sure to let you know! In the meantime, pop by my page on Archive of Our Own and dig in!

~~*~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.