Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I Uploaded a New Chapter In My Lord of the Rings Fan-Fiction Tribute! Enjoy!


I've enjoyed subverting Tolkien's iconic trilogy. Chapter five, which I added today, continues that subversion while honoring Middle Earth and its inhabitants.

I titled it "Thus Created." It's about our hero, Krapp, the sole remaining Orc after the War Against Men, and how he discovers that though he was created soulless, he most certainly has one now.

What is duty? What is responsibility? What is love? What is hate? What is, in the end, evil, and is he evil?

Good fan fiction, I believe, subverts the original author's story while honoring it. It's a tricky line to walk. But I think you'll agree I've walked it admirably here.

Enjoy!

~~*~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.